You can’t turn back the clock, but you can soften the signs of aging. From crow’s feet and frown lines to sagging eyelids, dark circles, jowls, and age spots, the years can take a toll.
If weathered facial features make you look older than you feel, there are cosmetic procedures that can help. Facial rejuvenation procedures at Faith Regional combine select therapies to restore a more youthful look.
Your doctor can recommend the best options for your goals. Choices include dermal fillers, advanced resurfacing techniques, skin tightening therapies, and other non-surgical and surgical cosmetic services.
Find what works for you at Faith Regional Physicians Services in Norfolk, Nebraska. We offer personalized consultation and care from an experienced, board-certified plastic and reconstructive surgeon.
Is Facial Rejuvenation Right for You?
Facial rejuvenation can give your face and spirits a lift. It includes select cosmetic procedures to treat problem areas that are of special concern to you.
We treat these and other common signs of aging:
- Fine lines at the corners of your eyes
- Lines and folds around your mouth
- Drooping eyelids
- Bags and dark circles under your eyes
- Forehead furrows and frown lines
- Loss of fullness in your cheeks
- Sagging skin and loss of contour in your jawline
- Hollowed areas around your eyes
Facial Rejuvenation Choices
Your face is as unique and special as you are. Your treatment plan should be too. Your plastic surgeon will help you to customize care for the results you want. The doctor will consider the condition of your skin, the structure of your face, and other important details.
When it comes to facial rejuvenation goals, no two people are alike. Some rely on nonsurgical therapies while others combine nonsurgical and surgical approaches. It’s up to you.
For some, a facelift, neck lift and blepharoplasty (eye area procedure) serve as the foundation of a facial rejuvenation plan. Additional nonsurgical procedures can enhance skin surfaces and treat other problem areas for a brighter overall look. Your plastic surgeon can help you review options, including the pros and cons of procedures.
Nonsurgical Skin Rejuvenation
Faith Regional offers many ways to brighten skin, reduce the appearance of fine lines and give skin a smoother, fresher look. There are many non-surgical and minimally invasive treatments available, guided by a board-certified plastic surgeon.
- Dermal fillers – Also called soft tissue fillers, these injectable formulas diminish fine lines and add volume. They can fill in hollowed under-eye areas, cheeks, or other sunken areas of the face. Dermal fillers include natural therapies like calcium, collagen, hyaluronic acid gel, and other fillers.
- Neurotoxins (Botox) – Therapies such as botulinum toxins known by brand names such as Botox are a common treatment for crow’s feet, frown lines, furrows, and wrinkles on the face. These injectable therapies can also treat wrinkles in the neck area.
- Skincare and rejuvenation – Age spots, acne scars, and wrinkles can benefit from advances in skin rejuvenating therapies. Topical skincare technologies and medical-grade skin care products can restore aging skin. Topically applied products promote turnover of old skin cells and renewed growth of healthier skin.
Your doctor will evaluate your skin condition and recommend the best products and applications for you. Additional treatments include laser resurfacing, microdermabrasion, chemical peels, and others.
Surgical Skin Rejuvenation
Faith Regional offers many surgical therapies and minimally invasive treatments performed by a board-certified plastic surgeon. Examples include:
- Eyelid Blepharoplasty —Your surgeon treats folds of skin over your eye and removes fatty deposits that make eyes appear puffy. These and other procedures can improve the appearance of upper and lower eyelids and areas around the eyes.
- Facelift – A facelift tightens loose or sagging skin on your face, including the cheeks and jaws. It’s common to combine a facelift with a neck lift to tighten sagging skin in the neck area.
- Chin and jawline – Your surgeon can remove loose skin and tighten the remaining skin to treat sagging jowls, double chin, and other concerns.
- Liposuction– The surgeon slims and reshapes fatty areas, removes excess fat deposits, and enhances natural curves and contours. Surgeons can remove fat from one part of the body and use it to fill in hollowed, sunken areas of the face.
Consulting with a Plastic Surgeon
It takes time and a learning curve to make choices you’ll be happy with for years to come. We welcome you to schedule a free consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon at Faith Regional.
Your doctor will discuss what you have in mind and how we can help. Your doctor may also ask whether you’ve had any past procedures, such as Botox, laser, or other treatments. During office visits, your surgeon may:
- Evaluate your health and medical history
- Examine and measure your face or other areas treated
- Photograph areas to be treated
- Review benefits and risks of procedures you’re considering
- Make personalized treatment recommendations
What to Expect if You Have Nonsurgical Procedures
Nonsurgical procedures at Faith Regional are typically done in your doctor’s office. Treatment times vary and can range from 15 minutes to an hour. For injectable treatments such as dermal fillers, your doctor may give you a local anesthetic to minimize discomfort.
Your doctor will provide individualized instructions and post-procedure care guidelines for the specific procedures you have planned. It’s important to follow all care instructions for safe and successful results.
What to Expect if You’re Having Surgery
Your physician and care practitioners will direct you before and after your procedure. You’ll learn where to go, how to prepare, and what to expect before and after your surgery.
If you’re having general surgery, you may go to the outpatient surgery center or main operating room at Faith Regional Health Services.
Preparing for surgery may include:
- Lab tests and medical evaluation
- Review of medications you’re taking
- Instructions about not smoking before your surgery
- Instructions about eating and drinking before your surgery
- Discussion about your anesthesia and what to expect
- Post-operative care instructions
Your care providers will assist with arrangements for follow-up care and appointments. Follow all instructions to avoid potential complications and ensure you get the best possible long-term results.
Please feel free to ask questions at any time if you have concerns. We’ll work closely with you to ensure that you get results you’ll be pleased with for years to come.
Your Plastic Surgery Team
At Faith Regional, your plastic surgeon, a specialized nurse and other healthcare professionals such as an advanced care practitioner may be involved in your care.
Schedule a Consultation
You can reach us at 402-844-8167 or email email@example.com to schedule an appointment.